Thursday, June 5, 2008

I'm a kid again...

For my web assignment I signed up for xbox live. I have had the xbox sitting in my living room collecting dust and only use it to destroy my buddies in Madden football over some frosty adult beverages and decided to hook it up. I called a friend and he helped me and all I have to say is that I am a kid again. I haven't slept in 2 days and I should be single soon. I went out, bought another game and it amazed me. There were hundreds of people I ran into from all over the globe. there were people speaking different languages and I even learned a few curse words in Russian. It took me an hour or two just to learn the buttons for the stupid game and as to what I was doing. When I first read the manual there were over 30 different buttons on top of all the crap you can do. I thought I could never learn it and in a few hours I was hooked. I had it down pat. I then learned how to play the game. I still wasn't good at it as 10 year old kids swore at me, called my mother names and damned me to hell. The literacy learning was amazing. There are tons of things to do. From reading the manual, learning the buttons, reading the in game text, understanding the map/board you were on (15 different maps) plus trying to understand all of the southerners speak English. It was difficult in all aspects of everything I just wrote. The learning curve was huge but I was engaged 150% of the time and learned it extremely quick. I also learned that I can't blame my kids for choosing these games over doing the homework I assign.

No comments: