Thursday, June 12, 2008

Ovi Web 2.0

For my web 2.o I decided to pick one from the e-mail list Larson had sent out. There were so many to chose from, it was hard to only pick one. I decided to do Ovi because it is an online site that allows you to share your pictures, videos, and more, very easily. I send my mom, family, and friends pictures all the time through e-mail, and I usually have to shrink the picture so that the e-mail sends, and so that the receiver can open it easily. Ovi is the solution to e-mailing pictures! It is fast, great quality, and you don't have to be a member to view the pictures. The account is free, and it was very simple to start. I only had to provide a username, password and an e-mail address. They never asked for my personal information, although under user profile, there are options to put your contact information, etc. From there it brought me to their main homepage, where I uploaded some pictures directly from my computer. You can name them however you want. I then created a channel, where I selected certain photos from my media, and could directly enter e-mail addresses to people I wanted to view this channel of pictures. There is a tab for contacts right at the top, so you can store people's addresses there for future e-mailing. The site also had some privacy selections that were very easy to follow, which allows your channel to be private. This way, only the people you are sending the channel too can view the pictures. The literacy I used here was technology. I used the internet and located computer files. Since I am familiar with how to upload pictures, it was very easy for me. Even someone with little to no experience with uploading pictures can use the site. It is very user friendly. On the right hand side of the page, there is an "actions for this page" area, where items you can choose are highlited. So it gives you steps in accomplishing what you want to do. I think the site is great because it not only gives you a way to easily share photos or videos, but you can view other peoples pictures too. Some of the other pictures on there are really interesting, and you could use them for presentations, or just for the sake of browsing. It is a way to connect with people through the use of pictures, videos, and other forms of media. I'm including the main homepage and not my direct site because I want to keep it private. http://share.ovi.com/

No comments: