Thursday, June 26, 2008

Learning It Digital

I was thinking how on the syllabus, this project is described as a written paper. When Liz introduced it to us in class, however, she mentioned that one group a previous year had done it as a website. I would not normally have thought to create this project on the Internet, but because of this suggestion, my group and I soon found ourselves learning how to manipulate a wiki. It was much easier than a traditional group paper would have been, too, I might add. My point is that part of including and teaching digital literacies in the classroom is simply to allow it and perhaps offer a few suggestions. Students will likely learn and explore on their own, choosing whatever is most efficient and appropriate. You don't necessarily have to spend class time teaching it.

No comments: