Thursday, June 19, 2008

Web 2.0: The Final Frontier

For the final web 2.0 assignment I decided to discuss a website that I created. The link is http://white.pierce.googlepages.com/mr.white%27shistoryhome. The website was easy to create. I just went to my Google account and then went to Google pages and began to create the site. Although it was an easy process, it did take a considerable amount of time to make everything look the way that I wanted. I ran into a few problems as I was creating this site. One of the issues that I ran into dealt with the embedding of YouTube Videos into the site and also how to get the pictures to show up in the final version of the page. However, when I figured that out it was smooth sailing. Some of the literacies that are used in this process are the same literacies that have been used in other web 2.0 assignments such as technical and media literacies. I think that this could be a positive literary tool in the classroom, if there was a blog space where students could talk about things that they have learned and/or questions that they may have.

No comments: