Thursday, June 19, 2008

Web 2.0-FaceInHole

I used the email that Larson sent out with Web 2.0 ideas and found faceinhole.com. Know those cardboard cutouts they have at amusement parks where the faces are removed and you can put your head through? Well, FaceInHole is the online version of that. You have to make an account to save things, but it is basically a nickname, password and email. They have several different categories for ‘scenarios’ you can look through. Then, you upload a picture and can resize and angle it to fit into the hole. You can also adjust the color, contrast and brightness of your picture to make it match better. It is very easy to use, the controls are the same in a lot of other photo software. It also has instructions on the bottom of the page for what you can do to the picture. Your creations are stored on the site, and they give you a link to put in your blog, Facebook profile, etc. You have the option of making it public so others on the site can see it or making it private. You can also send them a picture to suggest that they make it into a scenario.

Here is one I made of me and my friend…

3 comments:

Pierce said...

This looks really cool, I think I may try it out. Do you think that this has any classroom application?

BSwitzer said...

That is awsome. I can see my kids putting my head on the donkey!!

Brittany Soper said...

I think it could have a classroom application...if only just to let students play around and show their personality. The site's tag line is "Who do you want to be today", so it is at least an attempt at a form of identity formation. Like I said in my post, it has features common in photo editing programs, so it could be a good way to give students experience with that kind of program, doing something not because they have to for class but because it is fun.