Thursday, June 5, 2008

old wine in a new bottle....

a left over thought from last class....

I loved this quote from Lankshear and Knobel:

“It is very easy to find examples where teachers and administrators approach new technologies in ways that constitute these new technologies as simply more recent forms of established tools, rather than as constitutive elements of new ways of doing things and new ways of being” (pp. 54).

This quote, and the surrounding text, really made me think about the ways that I use these new technologies in the classroom. Am I repeating the same process and just including a computer, or am I really redesigning and developing new ways of doing things? I think that in my time at Warner a lot of the things that I have been exposed to as far as technology is really taking old things and using a computer. What are some ways that we can ‘Amazon.com’ our teaching practices that involve technology and new literacies?

No comments: